I bought my very first web hosting package from HostGator. Shared hosting was my first choice as I was on a budget.
But three different types of HostGator shared hosting plans confused me. I wasn’t sure which one to choose. I ended up buying the HostGator Baby plan because it was the most popular plan.
But it wasn’t the right plan for me as I had only one site at that time. I could have saved some money if I chose the hatchling plan.
If you are planning to buy a HostGator shared hosting package but don’t know which one is right for you, read on.
In this post, I will discuss HostGator shared hosting plans which will help you to choose the best plan for you.
HostGator Shared Hosting Comparison
HostGator offers 3 plans (Hatchling Plan, Baby Plan & Business Plan) on its Shared Hosting with different prices and specifications. Before going further, let’s take a look at the shared hosting comparison chart.
Here are details about the features.
- Domain Allowed: Single Domain means you can host only one domain in your account. And Unlimited Domains means you can host as many domains as you want to your account.
- Disk Space & Bandwidth: Unmetered Diskspace and Bandwidth means you are not charged according to the amount of disk space or bandwidth you use.
- Free Domain & SSL: All of the web hosting yearly web hosting plans of HostGator come with a free domain name and SSL certificate.
- Free Dedicated IP: Dedicated IP means having aunique IP address that gives some benefits on SEO and spam issues.
- Private SSL: Private SSL is a protocol used for securing transactions between clients to theserver. It is very important if you accept credit card payments.
Other common features are live support, backups, uptime guarantee, money-back guarantee, WordPress hosting, cPanel, and much more.
Now let’s see the basic difference between the 3 hosting plans.
Hatchling Plan: It is the basic plan which lets you host only one website. And you won’t get dedicated I.P. with this package. If you are on a budget and want to host only one site, this is the best choice for you.
Baby Plan: It is the most popular plan which lets you host unlimited domains. You can buy a dedicated I.P. for only $2/month with this package. If you are planning to launch multiple sites, this plan suits best to you.
Business Plan: This plan is designed for business-oriented sites. It offers a free dedicated I.P. and private SSL with all features of the Baby plan. If you are planning to sell products/services on your site, you can buy this plan.
Check: How to Move WordPress Site to HostGator
Now The Big Question – Which Plan Is Best For You?
I hope you have understood the basic difference among HostGator shared hosting plans. And you are pretty sure which plan to buy.
But there is another deciding factor – buying a host on a monthly or yearly basis.
If you want to buy hosting on the monthly basis, you should give priority to your current needs. For example, if you are planning to launch one site initially, start with the Hatchling plan and upgrade (free) the plan later when needed.
If you want to buy hosting for the next 2 or 3 years at a time, you need to choose a plan that will serve you over time.
Now here is my final suggestion –
- Hatchling Plan: When you need to host one site and you are going to pay on monthly basis.
- Baby Plan: When you need to host more than one site.
- Business Plan: When you need to dedicate I.P. and private SSL.
Over to You
I hope this post helped you to choose the best HostGator shared hosting plan for you.
If you are still confused and have questions regarding Shared Hosting plans, let me know via comment.
You can also share your requirements; I’ll try my best to help to choose the best plan.
However, if you found this post helpful, please help me by sharing this post on Facebook, Twitter, or Google+.