So, it’s been more than a year since we talked about RedTracklast time. And what a year it has been:
- The pandemic that spurred the growth of e-commerce and digital marketing (at the same time stagnating offline marketing)
- iOS 14+ that changed the game for in-app tracking
- Facebook changes to attribution that impacted media-buyers
- Development of Google Privacy Sandbox and Google postponing death of third-party cookies
All the changes that we mentioned above drastically changed the advertising landscape.
Let’s see if RedTrack’s tool is ready to face those changes and offer marketers, advertisers, and publishers the correct functionality.
We will give an updated review of RedTrackand its current features.
Advertising Market Before
The market used to be pretty divided:
- You need to perform ad tracking you are looking for an ad tracking solution.
- You need to work with affiliates/publishers you get affiliate management software.
- You need an advanced referral program you get another tool.
- You are working with influencers tracking promo-codes you get different tools to help you manage influencers.
Such an approach caused an increase in the number of tools in use. A typical marketing manager or product owner had to invest in dozens of tools to help them achieve their revenue goals. Not only is it pricy to pay for all those products, but it is also very hard to analyze data from so many sources.
It looks like RedTrackkeeps changing the game by providing an all-in-one solution that supports most of your tracking and attribution needs natively. And natively is a keyword as you do not need a workaround to reach your goals. Everything works out of the box.
RedTrack Review: How It Works
Lets go over the key features of RedTracks product and see what changed in a year.
It was one of the star features even before, but its still getting better and improving. There are more integrations added, rules, alerts, and filters/redirect options. For the key highlights, we would pick:
- Ability to send traffic from multiple channels, both direct and redirect to the same page simultaneously. And you can quickly drill down the reporting to see what channels contribute to the desired conversion rate and ROI.
- Native support for Mobidea, Google, Facebook, TikTok, Bing, Shopify, and other advertising platforms.
Facebook CAPI support
We were pretty amazed by how fast RedTrack adapted to FB Ads changes and created a solution for Facebook CAPI in early winter 21.
It was still raw by the time they released it, but at the moment, its a leading solution for Facebook media buyers. With RedTrack, you can:
- Automatically send enriched conversion data back to Facebook via postback for further optimization;
- Attribute conversions to right clicks even when they happen in different browsers (always a case with Facebook ads when users are redirected to Safari/other browsers from the FB app);
- Verify domains, even for third-party domains – a new rule from Facebook that affiliates should adapt to;
- Enlarge attribution window beyond seven days – again, one of the latest Facebook updates;
TikTok Ad Tracking Support
While many advertisers started looking for Facebook Ads alternatives, TikTok announced their public advertising platform with postback support. And again, RedTrackwas the first to respond. Along with Facebook, Google Ads, Bing, Taboola, etc., RedTrack now supports API integration with TikTok, including automatic data conversion upload, cost updates, and auto-optimization rules.
They first introduced this functionality in 2020 but continued improving their offer. RedTrackhas all the features you may want from an affiliate tracker, including custom payouts, payment management, and advanced white-label customization. What’s missing is the ability to automate those payments, but we are sure it is on the way.
Our top pick would be:
- Ability to run multiple white labels from the same account, all with deep customization;
- Extremely flexible payout management, including support for mixed models (CPA+RevShare);
- Complimentary Publisher Discovery subscription, software that simplifies the finding and recruiting of affiliates for your program (neat additional bonus).
We put it into a separate category as it calls for several typical use-cases that RedTracknow supports out-of-the-box.
- Ability to use direct links with human-readable names;
- Ability to create a multi-level referral program to grow the number of publishers faster;
- Ability to create promo codes on a campaign level and do attribution based on coupon applied. This one should deserve much more attention both from RedTrack and from us.
Ok, so you got all this data. What about the reports?
RedTrackadded a lot of new cool things in reporting during 2021. They had dashboards, campaigns, offers, channels, and offers sources level reports. But now there is more:
- Finally fixed the issue causing you to pick dates every time your refresh the page and, surprise added a comparison feature allowing you to compare the performance across two periods;
- Report templates and trend charts are there and still hidden;
- Affiliate/publisher reporting is great;
- You can get logs for almost every interaction tracked. That’s huge, and most trackers miss the feature and hide it behind;
- A standalone white label reporting portal for those of you who have customers of their own very useful to share results;
- 20+ tracking parameters. Usually, you do not need that much, but it’s nice to have some extra when you miss one or two.
Special Feature at RedTrack
We have a special mention here: cross campaign multi-touch attribution report.
If we read the signals right, RedTrack builds the foundation to enter the domain of bigger players by offering customer journey tracking and conversion path analysis.
Thi report is in beta, and it is missing a lot of features we would like to see, so time will tell.
Other Cool Developments
Now, wrapping up this RedTrack review, we would like to add several honorable mentions:
- Multi-access. It was good, but the RedTrack team made it even better.
- New UI: we had several comments about the obsolete UI, so the new interface is the right sign that the company is moving for better services. Its still in the beta, so you can switch it on and off just for a test. So be sure to check it out and possibly contribute to making the UI better.
- Alerts and Automation: the list of options is growing, and the UI could be better. Do you want to know why we added it to the list? RedTrack DOES not charge you extra based on your budget for using all those rules.
Now we got to the most exciting part pricing. And RedTrackteam made quite a big change dividing their subscription plans based on the industry roles:
By subscribing to annual plans, RedTrack users get a FREE 2-month subscription.
Use our RedTrack coupon and get 25% off in the first three months + a 14-day free trial.
Now, lets see what they have for every group:
Solo affiliates, media buying teams, and publishers will find their pricing in this tab.
The most evident difference between Pro ($99/mo), Advanced ($149/mo), Team ($249/mo), and Enterprise ($749/mo) plans here are the number of events included and the number of users that can work within one RedTrack account.
While opening the comparison table available on their pricing page, you can see that the subscription plans have certain limits in features, like the number of connected BMs, access to logs, smartlinks, and others.
RedTrack team decided to unite the following users under this group – e-Commerce businesses, brands (aka advertisers), and SaaS companies.
Unlike the Affiliate group, the users who subscribe to Advertiser plans have another tracker interface and access to the Partnership Portal available by default.
Again, you can see the division based on individual and team (when several users operate within one RedTrack account) plans.
Another thing that shows up is that RedTrack charges Advertiser plans based on Revenue tracked instead of events in Affiliate plans. Thats the big move that indicates RedTrack is expanding its influence and switching to the advertising landscape.
This only subscription plan aims to cover advertising agencies’ needs that manage their client(s)’ RedTrack account(s) or operate on their behalf. And it will cost an agency only $99/mo, no matter how many clients they connect.
RedTrack Review: Summary
RedTrack surprised us again: they constantly improve the product and look like they do not plan to stop.
We can see them expanding the offered features and going beyond basic trackers.
Despite how many features have been added, the product still has a very competitive price in the industry. Even the slight increase in the price does not wash away that it’s one of the best deals on the ad tracking market.
Do you want an even better deal?
- Amazing set of features, some of which you wont find elsewhere;
- Great support;
- Multi-lingual support;
- Auto-optimization is included for free (usually it’s charged in other trackers);
- No limits on data storage;
- Excellent value for money.
- Some of those amazing features are well-hidden.